Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information, which your computer or mobile device downloads when you visit a website. When you return to websites – or visit websites that use the same cookies – they recognise these and therefore your browsing device.
Cookies improve your use of DebtConsolidation.co.uk by adjusting the way you view webpages via your device. When you visit our website from any device (mobile, tablet, or PC), we collect information about your use of this site, such as information about the device or browser you use to access it (including device type, operating system, screen resolution), the way you interact with this site, and the IP address your device connects from. Furthermore, you may not be able to initiate or complete some activities within our website unless these cookies are installed.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser and by clicking on the disable button.
- Ensure your security and privacy when using the secure sections of our website;
- Store login details for the secure sections of our website;
- Temporarily store input information in our forms and calculators;
- Understand how you use our website so we can identify ways to improve
There are several types of cookie which are used within our website including but not limited to:
- Session Cookies – These are stored on your computer or device (such as your mobile phone while you are active in your current session). Once you close your browser, session cookies are deleted.
- Persistent Cookies / Permanent / Stored Cookies – These are stored on your computer or device until they expire or until you delete cookies in your browser options. They usually store preferences which dictate how our website appears when you visit it.
- Performance – These cookies collect information about how many visitors use a website and which parts of the website are viewed the most. They help us see how you use our website and if you encounter any error messages. In most cases the information collected by these cookies is anonymous.
- Functionality and Profile Cookies – These remember the choices you make when using the website (such as your username, language, or the region you’re in) and help us to tailor the website for you and remember the choices you make when using the website.
Third Party Cookies we use
You can find out more information about cookies by visiting AboutCookies.org